The University of Ghana (UG) admission requirement for all the courses at the Undergraduate, Postgraduate level has been released for the 2023/2024 academic session.
The management of University of Ghana (UG) has released the Application Requirement/Registration Requirement for the Student Studying in the institution.
University of Ghana (UG) Admission Requirements
Entry requirements for a Undergraduate degree Programme
2022/2023 Entry Requirements- Ghana WASSCE/SSSCE
An applicant for admission to a degree programme in the University of Ghana must have at least credits (A1 – C6 in WASSCE and A – D in SSSCE) in English, Core Mathematics and Integrated Science (for Science related programmes) or Social Studies (for non-Science related programmes) and three elective subjects in Science for applicants applying to Science or Agriculture related disciplines or three elective subjects in General Arts/Business for applicants applying to non-Science related disciplines, with the total aggregate not exceeding 24. In addition, Science applicants should have at least a grade C6 in WASSCE/D in SSSCE in Social Studies/Life Skills and non-Science applicants should also have at least a grade C6 in WASSCE/D IN SSSCE in Integrated Science/Core Science. Ghana WASSCE/SSSCE Minimum Entry Requirements for:
Entry Requirements- West Africa WASSCE
An applicant for admission to a degree programme in the University of Ghana must have at least credits (A1 – C6 in WASSCE and A – D in SSSCE) in English, Core Mathematics, a Social Science subject, a Science Subject and three relevant elective subjects, with the total aggregate not exceeding 24 for the sciences and 30 for the humanities. West Africa WASSCE Minimum Entry Requirements for:
Entry Requirements- American High School
American High School Grade 12
An applicant for admission to a degree programme in the University of Ghana must have and a Final Grade Point of at least 3.0 Admissions will be to Level 100
Entry Requirements- Cambridge ‘A’ and ‘O’ Levels
GCE (Cambridge) – ‘A’ and ‘O’ Levels Applicants must have three relevant subjects at the Cambridge ‘A’ Levels. In addition, they must have at least five (5) passes including English and Mathematics at the Cambridge ‘O’ Level. Cambridge ‘A’ and ‘O’ Levels Minimum Entry Requirements for:
Minimum/General Entry Requirements -International Baccalaureate (IB)
The University of Ghana welcomes applications from students who follow the IB Diploma Programme and meet the following college requirements. Admissions will be to Level 100. International Baccalaureate (IB) Minimum Entry Requirements for:
UNIVERSITY OF GHANA POSTGRADUATE ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
- A good first degree (at least a second class lower division) in a relevant field of study at the University of Ghana or any recognized University. A minimum of two to three years working experience is required from all applicants desiring to pursue programmes at the University of Ghana Business School.
For more details in respect of Admission requirements, applicants are advised to contact the various Departments/Schools/Institutes/Centres for additional information on the various programmes.
- For purposes of assessing an applicant’s eligibility, he/she may be required to take an entrance examination and/or interview at the Department/Institute/School/Centre.
- For programmes marked with asterisks (*), all applicants are admitted into the MA/MSc programme at the first instance. Students who obtain an average of B+ or better MAY progress to the MPhil programme upon recommendation by the Head of Department in consultation with the Graduate Studies Committee of his/her Department.
- Admission to any of the PhD programmes will require a relevant masters’ degree (MA/MSc/MPhil). It will also be limited to candidates whose academic and scholastic records show a potential for successful completion of doctoral degree programme. All PhD programmes in the University are now fee-paying and the durations are as follows:
- Full-Time – Four (4) years
- Part-Time – Six (6) years