The International Leadership University (ILU) Admission Requirements 2023/2024 | International Leadership University admission requirement for all the courses at the Undergraduate, Postgraduate level has been released for the 2023/2024 academic session.
The management of International Leadership University has released the Application Requirement/Registration Requirement for the Student Studying in the institution.
International Leadership University Admission Requirements
Entry requirements for an Undergraduate Course
Applicants for Certificate Program
Applicants holding a mean grade of D+ (Plus) at KCSE qualify to enroll for a certificate program in the various disciplines of study at the University.
Applicants for Diploma Program
Applicants holding a mean grade of C- (Minus) at KCSE qualify for either Regular or Open, Distance – Learning mode (ODLM) specifically for the Diploma and Certificates students. Credits from a Diploma with good grades (B (Plain) and above may be transferable into a relevant Bachelors program, depending on the content equivalency in relation to bachelors’ program requirements. The K.C.S.E mean grade of C (Plain) qualifies an applicant to take either a pre- university or bridging course of 28 credits of 7 subjects at 4 credit hours per subject.
Applicants for Bachelors Degrees
Bachelor of Arts in Counseling Psychology To be accepted into the Bachelor of Science in Leadership and Management, a student must:
- Have a mean grade of C+ (plus) at KCSE or equivalent with at least C+ (plus) in English and Mathematics or a diploma (passed with credit or C+) in any field of study
- Demonstrate proficiency in the English Language by scoring a ‘B’ in an English Proficiency Test or its equivalent. The student who scores less than a ‘B’ may be admitted but he/she will be required to undertake a remedial English course during his/her 1st The student must complete the course with a passing grade or will need to retake the course until he/she receives a passing grade in order to graduate.
Bachelor of Theology (BTh) To be accepted into the Bachelor of Theology, a student must:
- Have a mean grade of C+ (plus) in the Kenya Certificate of Education (KCSE) or equivalent with at least C+ (plus) or above, or
- Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education with a minimum of two principal passes and one subsidiary pass; or
- A degree from a recognized university; or
- A diploma from a recognized university in the area of Theology, Missions or Christian Ministry.
- Any other qualification recognized by the university senate equivalent to one of the above.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the English Language by scoring a ‘B’ in an English Proficiency Test or its equivalent. The student who scores less than a ‘B’ may be admitted but he/she will be required to undertake a remedial English course during his/her 1st semester. The student must complete the course with a passing grade or will need to retake the course until he/she receives a passing grade in order to graduate.
Other admission requirements to the Bachelor of Theology program include:
- Evidence of a personal faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord by means of a written testimony.
- Evidence of a call to ministry or Christian service through a written statement describing one’s call.
- Evidence of active ministry involvement and leadership in church or para-church ministry along with a strong Christian character through references from the pastor and others who know the student well.
- Agreement with the University’s Statement of Faith by signing the Statement of Faith form.
INTERNATIONAL LEADERSHIP UNIVERSITY, ILU POSTGRADUATE ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
Applicants for Master’s degree should have earned recognized first (1st) degree with at least second (2nd) upper class honors in a related field from an accredited University or college with a minimum grade point average (G.P.A) of 2.75 on a scale 4.0 scale. A second class honors lower division or G.P.A of 2.5 may be considered for admission if they have at least 2 years experience in a related field, and if accepted, will be placed under academic probation during the 1st semester of study.