The Wisconsin International University College (WIUC) admission requirement for all the courses at the Undergraduate, Postgraduate level has been released for the 2023/2024 academic session.
The management of Wisconsin International University College (WIUC) has released the Application Requirement/Registration Requirement for the Student Studying in the institution.
Wisconsin International University College (WIUC) Admission Requirements
General (Undergraduate Programmes) Entry Requirements
WASSCE and SSCE
- Candidates must have six credits (A1-C6) in English, Mathematics and Integrated Science (Biology or Agricultural Science for Nigerian applicants) or Social Studies, and three elective subjects, making an aggregate of no more than 36.
- For SSSCE, candidates must have six credits (A-D) in the three Core Subjects and three electives, making an aggregate of no more than 24.
- Candidates must be at least 25 years old and must write and pass an entrance examination in English, Mathematics, IT and General Business.
- They may also be required to attend an interview.
- Applicants with GCE, ICGSE, GBCE, ABCE, Baccalaureate, Professional Courses (ICA, ACCA, CIM etc) and HND, among others may contact us for levels of placement.
Bachelor of Law (LL.B Programme) Entry Requirements
4 – Year LLB. Programme
- Applicants of this category must be holders of WASSCE with grade C6 or better in three (3) Core Subjects (English, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Agricultural Science or Biology), plus three Elective Subjects.
- SSCE with credit passes or better (A-D) in six (6) subjects comprising Mathematics, English, Science and three (3) other subjects.
- HND holders with a Second Class Lower or better together with six (6) credits or better in WASSCE, comprising thee (3) Core Subjects (English, Mathematics and Integrated Science or Agricultural Science or Biology) and three Elective Subjects.
- Mature candidates must be 25 years or above to be eligible and must have relevant background and experience in related subject areas.
3 – Year LLB. Programme
- Applicants for the 3-year programme must be holders of a first degree in a non- law discipline in a recognized University with a Second Class Lower or better to be eligible to apply.
- Holders of HND and other Professional Qualifications may contact us by our address.
NB: There will be an access course for mature students and English proficiency course for Francophone Students at the main and City Campuses. Applicants should contact the Registrar’s office for more details.
BSC Nursing/Community Health Nursing/Midwifery Entry Requirements
WASSCE and SSSCE Applicants
- The University College admits students with West African Secondary School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) or Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE) with at least credits in six courses (C6) in English Language, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science and three (3) elective subjects in Science, General Arts or Home Economics subjects with an overall aggregate of 24 or better for SSSCE holders and 36 or better for WASSCE holders. Senior Secondary School applicants will enter the programme to Level 100.
Nurse/Health Assistant Clinical Holders (NAC/HAC Holders)
- Holders of NAC/HAC Certificates from Nursing and Midwifery Council can gain admission through a six-week Access Programme.
- Upon successful completion of the Access programme, candidates would be admitted to Level 200 into the BSc. Nursing Degree Programme.
- Holders of Diploma in Nursing/Community Health Nursing/Midwifery from recognized institutions and a pass in the licensure examination conducted by the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Ghana would be admitted to Level 300.
International Students Requirements
- International applicants must be able to speak and write fluently in English. International students with non-English result slips must have results translated into English.
- The results must meet the set standards for the programme established by the National Accreditation Board (NAB) and the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Ghana.
- Note: Students who need further English lessons can enrol into our English Proficiency Programme.
- Candidates who have taken accredited Nursing programmes in approved tertiary institutions may be considered for admission on advance standing.
- Each case will be considered on its own merit.
WISCONSIN INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY COLLEGE POSTGRADUATE ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
- Applicants should hold a Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university with at least a Second Class Lower division.
- Applicants should ideally have post-qualification work experience. Applicants may be required to pass a selection interview.
- Applicants who hold membership of a recognised professional body such as Institute of Chartered Accountants Ghana (ICAG), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA), Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), and Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) may be considered for admission.