The Radford University College admission requirement for all the courses at the Undergraduate, Postgraduate level has been released for the 2023/2024 academic session.
The management of Radford University College has released the Application Requirement/Registration Requirement for the Student Studying in the institution.
Radford University College Admission Requirements
Entry requirements for a Undergraduate degree Programme
Students seeking admission to the Bachelor’s Degree Programme of the Radford University College, RUC must have any of the following:
Faculty of Arts Entry Requirements
WASSCE/SSSCE Certificate Holder Applicants must have:
- A pass in the Core English and Core Mathematics, in addition to a pass in one of the following Core Subjects; Integrated Science, Social Studies/life Skills.
- Passes in any three (3) relevant Elective Subjects.
- The aggregate score for the core and elective subjects must be not be more than 24 for SSSCE holders and not more than 36 for WASSCE holders. The WAEC equivalent grading system has be adopted and this is shown below;
THE WAEC equivalent grading system has been adopted.
This is shown below.
|D7 & E8||E||5|
G.C.E Ordinary and Advanced Level Certificate Holders
- Credit Passes in at least Five (5) Subjects (including English Language, Core Mathematics and a Science Subject) in West Africa Examination Council (WAEC) G.C.E. ‘O’ Level or School Certificate Examinations, and three (3) Passes at the G.C.E Advanced Level.
- Two ‘A’ Level passes at grade ‘C’ or better will also be accepted. A pass in General Paper must also be obtained.
Faculty of Science Entry Requirements
Senior secondary/high school certificate-Science Students
- Holders of SSSCE/WASSCE, with aggregate 24 or better, (With credit in English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science and credit passes in three elective subjects in Science.
- A pass in the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE) or West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (WASSSCE) is understood to mean a candidate’s grades interpreted as follows:
- Senior Secondary School candidates shall be admitted into level 100 (First Year) of the 4 year Bachelor of Science Degree in Physician Assistantship.
General Certificate of Education Examination (ordinary and advanced Levels) – Science Students
- With passes or credits in at least five (5) subjects(including English Language, Mathematics and Science) at the GCE ordinary level and three (3) passes at the GCE Advanced Level.
- Two (2) of the advanced level passes must be grade “D” or better. A pass in General Paper must also be obtained.
- Applicants who are 25 years and above working or having worked for 2 years or more can apply as mature candidates.
- Mature candidates will be required to write a university entrance examination in three papers: Mathematics, English and General Science equivalent to Senior Secondary/High School level.
- Only candidates with a pass mark of 60% or above in each of these papers will be admitted.
- Foreign students must have their high school certificates/diplomas refer to the NAB for determination of equivalences and eligibility for admission to tertiary institutions in Ghana.
- Qualifications in non-English languages translated into English with an accompanying statement showing how their system equates to the Ghanaian system.
Department of Applied Science & ICT as well as School of Business adopt the same entry requirements as the Faculty of Arts. Copy the following link and paste in another browser to view: https://www.eafinder.com/gh/wp-content/uploads/sites/14/2019/05/entreq.pdf