The Knutsford University College admission requirement for all the courses at the Undergraduate, Postgraduate level has been released for the 2023/2024 academic session.
The management of Knutsford University College has released the Application Requirement/Registration Requirement for the Student Studying in the institution.
Knutsford University College Admission Requirements
Entry requirements for an Undergraduate Degree Programme
Students seeking admission to the Bachelor’s Degree Programme of the Knutsford University College, KUC must have any of the following:
Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE) Applicants;
- Credit Passes (A-D) in six (6) subjects comprising three core subjects, including English language and Mathematics, plus three (3) relevant elective subjects.
- Applicants should have an aggregate score of 6-24 in the West Africa Examination Council Examinations.
West African School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) Applicants;
- Credit Passes (A1-C6) in six (6) subjects comprising three core subjects, including English language and Mathematics, plus three (3) relevant elective subjects).
- Applicants should have an aggregate score of 6 – 36 in the West Africa Examination Council Examinations.
General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE) Applicants;
- Credit passes (A-D) in six (6) subjects comprising three core subjects including English Language and Mathematics plus three (3) relevant elective subjects.
General Certiﬁcate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level Applicants;
- Passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better).
- Also, the applicant must have had credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English Language, Mathematics and a Science subject (for non-science students) and an Arts subject (for Science students).
- A pass in the General paper required. Successful candidates will be placed at Level 200.
Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) Applicants;
- Full Diploma Certificate in ABCE. Also, the applicant must have had credit passes in five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies in the General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE) or Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE) or West African Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (WASSCE).
- ABCE candidates may be considered for admission at Level 200 of the degree programme.
Higher National Diploma (HND) Applicants;
- HND holders must have graduated with a good HND certificate (i.e. at least 2nd Class Lower Division).
- First class HND holders may be admitted to level 300 if they are pursuing the same programme.
- First class HND holders may be admitted to level 200 if they are pursuing a different programme.
- Second Upper and Second Lower HND holders may be admitted to level 200 irrespective of whether they are pursuing the same or different programmes.
Post-Secondary Teacher’s Certificate ‘A’/Diploma Holders;
- Applicants with Post-Secondary Teacher’s Certificate ‘A’/Diploma awarded by any institution accredited by the National Accreditation Board may apply for consideration for Level 200.
University Diploma Holders;
- Holders of University (Tertiary) Diplomas in relevant fields (e.g Communication Studies, Journalism) awarded by institutions accredited by the National Accreditation Board (NAB) may apply.
- Applicants with a Final Grade Point Average (FGPA) of at most 2.99 and at least 3.0 shall be considered for Level 200 and Level 300 respectively.
KNUTSFORD education provides opportunities for people who could not do so earlier in their lives to further their education at the tertiary level in all its programmes after some years in the workplace.
- The applicant must be at least 25 years old, and show proof of age with birth certificate or any legitimate documentary proof of date of birth which is at least 5 years old at the time of application;
- All applicants must pass Mature Students’ Entrance Examinations conducted by Knutsford University College in English Language, Mathematics and an Aptitude Test for entry into all programmes and at all levels;
- The applicant should show proof of passes in English Language and Mathematics in SSSCE/WASSCE.
- Any other standard High School level examinations (for qualifications from countries outside WAEC’s aegis should be referred to the National Accreditation Board (NAB) for determination of equivalences and eligibility for admission.
International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE);
- Applicants should have credit passes in five (5) GCE ‘O’ Level subjects (including English and Mathematics) and three (3) passes in the relevant subjects at the Advanced Level.
International Baccalaureate (IB);
- Applicants should have a minimum of grade 4 at the Higher Level in three (3) subjects relevant to the programme of choice (minimum of grade 5 for Health and Allied Sciences).
- Applicants should, in addition, have a minimum of grade 4 in English/Literature and Mathematics (SL).
American High School Grade 12 Examinations;
- Applicants should have at least a Final Grade point of 3.0.
Postgraduate Admission Requirement
- An applicant must at least have a Degree or its equivalent from a recognized University/Institution including transcripts.
International Students admission Requirement
- Applicants with similar qualifications or their equivalence (as specified above) can apply for admission consideration.
- International applicants should have a valid passport.
- Should be ready to acquire a resident permit and abide by the regulations governing the status of foreigners in Ghana.
- They would be required to show evidence of proficiency in the English Language and to go through a screening and selection interview. They would be required to have their result slips translated into English if it is not already in English.
- Foreign qualifications will be referred to as the National Accreditation Board (NAB) for the determination of their equivalences and eligibility for admission.