The Ghana Technical University College (GTUC) admission requirement for all the courses at the Undergraduate, Postgraduate level has been released for the 2023/2024 academic session.
The management of Ghana Technical University College (GTUC) has released the Application Requirement/Registration Requirement for the Student Studying in the institution.
Ghana Technical University College (GTUC) Admission Requirements
Entry requirements for a Undergraduate degree Programme
- SSSCE/WASSCE – credit passes in English Language, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science and three (3) elective subjects relevant to the chosen programme with aggregate 24/36 or better respectively.
- ‘O’ Level/‘A ’Level – credits in at least five (5) subjects at the GCE‘O’ Level (or its equivalent including English Language and Mathematics, plus at least three (3) credit passes in the relevant subjects at the Advanced level.
- GBCE – credit passes in Business Mathematics, English Language and Integrated Science and three (3) elective subjects.
- Mature Applicant- applying for admission must satisfy the following entry requirement:
- Attain a minimum age of twenty-five(25) years at the time of applying.
- Show proof of age with birth certificate / baptismal certificate / weighing card which is five (5) years old or any other proof.
- Must pass the Mature Students’ Entrance Examination in Mathematics, English Language and General Paper/ Physics .
OTHER CERTIFICATIONS FOR DEGREE PROGRAMMES
- Stage 1 of ACCA, ICA, Associates of Chartered Institute of Bankers (ACIB), Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) with five (5) credits at GBCE or GCE‘O’ Level including English language and Mathematics.
- American Grade 12
- City & Guilds Technician Diploma/Advanced Diploma in relevant area of study.
- International Baccalaureate (IB)/Diploma holders will go through a compulsory three (3) months English Proficiency class before starting their programme. They should also submit both the original and translated versions of their results slips.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENT FOR “TOP UP” APPLICANTS
- Higher National Diploma (HND) relevant to the programme of study from a recognized Polytechnic with at least 2nd Class Lower Division.
- Verifiable Diplomas relevant to the programme of study from accredited tertiary institutions. This will be assessed on individual basis and will need verification from the National Accreditation Board (NAB).
ADMISSION REQUIREMENT FOR DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
- WASSCE applicants must have grades “A1 – D7” in their core and elective subjects. This includes, English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science/Social Studies and any three elective subjects which are relevant to the applicant’s area of study.
- SSSCE/GBCE applicants must have grades “A – D” in both their core and elective subjects. This includes English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science/Social Studies and any three elective subjects which are relevant to the applicant’s area of study.
GHANA TECHNOLOGY UNIVERSITY COLLEGE POSTGRADUATE ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
MASTERS ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
To apply for admission to our Masters programmes, applicants must have:
- A first degree not below second class lower division from an accredited university.
- Diploma (HND) or 2-year Diploma from an accredited university
- Chartered Membership from professional qualifying bodies; ACCA, CIMA, ICAG, CILT, ICBA or CIPS (for applicants applying to Coventry and Anhalt University programmes only). Kindly see entry qualification below.
- Applicants with third class or pass degrees are required to attend a one-month mandatory refresher course and pass an interview to qualify for a programme.
- A minimum of 2 years’ relevant working / professional experience is required for applicants to MBA programmes.
- Be proficient in Microsoft word, Excel and Power Point
PhD ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
- A relevant (research) master’s degree in the (related) area of study being applied for
- Professional and academic recommendations
- A completed and signed application form together with all stated requirements.
- International Students will be required to prove proficiency in the use of English Language.
- Certified true copies of certificates and any other academic records.
- Two recent passport-sized photographs one of which should be affixed to the form.
- Personal Statement/Statement of Purpose
- Research proposal of an appropriate standard (15 pages maximum)
- Copies of publications or research materials, if any.
- Curriculum Vitae