NSFAS 2023 Online Bursary Applications | National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is offering Funding / Bursaries Programme for 2023 academic year.
What Is NSFAS?
NSFAS is a government entity under the Department of Higher Education and Training which provides financial support to disadvantaged students who wish to further their studies at public universities or TVET colleges.
NSFAS has a new and improved system that allows each applicant to be considered with great care and enormous attention is given to evaluating every application.
“Each application will be treated equally by the NSFAS funding committee. Complete and submit your materials as soon as possible to ensure full and timely consideration of your application. There are tips and guidelines online and a YouTube channel for step-by-step information.
“You can also track and trace the progress of your application online by a simply login with your cellphone and ID number.
- 1 NSFAS Bursary Application 2023
- 2 CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AND APPLY ONLINE
You qualify for a NSFAS bursary if you are a South African citizen who plans to study in 2023 or you are already studying at a public university or TVET college and you meet the following requirements:
- SASSA recipients automatically qualify on financial eligibility
- Your combined household income is not more than R350 000 per year or
- Person with a disability with a combined household income of not more than R600 000 per year or
- Must have email and cell phone number
The new application process takes only five minutes to complete and requires only a copy of the Identification Document (ID) for the applicant and parents, a payslip (of both parents), if parents earn an income, and a consent form to give the scheme permission to verify income.
Students whose parents are not working are only required to submit a signed consent form
NSFAS Bursary Application 2023
Application for NSFAS for the 2023 academic year can be made via the online application portal 2023-2024.
- To apply online, go to www.nsfas.org.za
- After that, you create an account with myNSFAS.
- On the NSFAS website, click “Apply”
- Make sure all information on the NSFAS online application 2023-2024 is up-to-date before proceeding
- For the 2023 application, upload supporting documents from NSFAS.
- Once you have completed the process, click “SUBMIT”.
- Your own cellphone number and email address
- Copy of your ID or birth certificate
- ID copies of parents, guardian or spouse (If applicable)
- Your proof of income or 1 year’s IRP5 (if applicable)
- Your parents, guardian or spouse’s proof of income
- If you are a SASSA grant recipient, no proof of income will be required
- Applicants with a disability must submit a completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form, click here to download
- An applicant who is recognised as a Vulnerable Child by the Department of Social Development must provide a completed and signed Vulnerable Child Declaration and Consent Form, click here to download.