The University of the Western Cape, better known as UWC, is a national university committed to excellence in teaching and learning. They have opened their applications for the 2023 academic year. Apply now!
APPLICATIONS for 2023 are OPEN
- There are NO application fees
- All applications must be completed online and all required supporting documents are to be uploaded by the closing dates. Applications will only be considered complete once all required documents have been submitted. Please note; no emailed documents will be accepted.
- Competition for space is great and applicants are reminded to apply to more than one tertiary institution.
Getting you from where you are to where you want to be
CLICK HERE for admission and programme information (undergraduate degree programmes)
- Applicants must have a valid email address in order to apply online. All communication from the University in regards to your application will be sent via email. Should you not have a valid email address you can create an email account using Gmail, Yahoo Mail or any other email provider you may prefer.
- If you are a person with a disability, please ensure that you have completed that section fully in the online form to allow us to make contact with you regarding your support needs. Should you have any queries related to disability support at the University contact the Office for Students with Disabilities at firstname.lastname@example.org or at +27 21 959 4170.
- Please also note that there is no separate application form for accommodation, if you responded YES on the question for University accommodation, you have applied. Residence placement is limited and not all applicants can be accommodated. Selection will only be done from those applicants who are made offers of study by the University based on placement criteria and availability of space (not all applicants who have been made an offer to study can be accommodated). For any residence enquiries you can contact +27 21 959 2569 or email@example.com.
Please note that the number of applicants usually far exceeds the number of spaces available in various programmes. As a result offers are based on merit and availability of space, not all applicants who meet the minimum admission requirements for their programme/s of choice, can be made an offer to study. Make sure you have applied to more than one institution and type of tertiary education institution.
Changed your mind about your choice of study?
Do not submit a new application
Check with the Contact Centre (+27 21 959 3900/01 or firstname.lastname@example.org) if you may change your programme choice
Should your contact details change please contact the UWC Contact Centre (+27 21 959 3900/01 or email@example.com) and update your details.
Application Closing Dates for 2023
- Bachelor of Dentisty and Bachelor of Oral Health: 31 August
- All other faculties: 30 September
Students are urged to check the admission requirements for the degree they plan to pursue before they apply for it to ensure they that qualify.
Once students have applied they should receive an acknowledgement of receipt of the application via SMS or email which will contain an application number which students must safekeep as this will be needed when students make a query with the university.