How To Apply For R350 Grant 2022 Online | Applications for the R350 Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant are still open and will close next March. One of the most common way of submitting an SRD grant application is online.
In response to Covid-19 and the economic impact it had, South African government introduced a new Sassa grant: the Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant, also known as the R350 grant.
Before applying, applicants need to ensure that they fit the eligibility criteria:
- South African citizens/permanent residents/refugees/asylum seekers/holders of special permits
- Have no alternative source of income or financial support from any other source
- Between the ages of 18 and 60
- Receive no other social grants, UIF or NSFAS
How To Apply For R350 Grant 2022 Online
- Go to the SRD website
- Scroll down to ‘How do I apply for this SRD Grant’ and click on the yellow bar
- Enter your mobile number
- Click “send sms”
- Then enter the one time pin that Sassa has sent to the number
- Continue the application process by filling in the steps required by Sassa.
R350 grant applications can also be submitted using the WhatsApp line:
- Adding this contact: 082 046 8553
- Send a Whatsapp message to this number
- Make sure to include your name, surname and ID number in the Whatsapp message.
- You will then receive a message which will detail the next steps you need to follow.
All applicants will need to sign a declaration and consent form, as SASSA will be working with other institutions to verify details provided by applicants.
You only have to apply once on one channel and not many times on every channel. Sassa will only process one application received from each applicant. Successful applicants will be contacted by SASSA once applications have been processed.