The Funzy Lushaka Bursary Application Deadline has been scheduled by the Management of basic Education to stop on a day Suitable for all its Applicants to avoid Unsuccessful Applications.
What is the Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme?
The Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme is a multi-year programme to promote teaching as a profession. Bursaries are available to enable selected students to complete a teaching qualification in identified Subject priority areas. Recipients of these bursaries will be required to teach at a public school for the same number of years that they received the bursary.
Applications and eligibility
3. Who is eligible to apply?
Any academically gifted, young –
- learners, currently in Grade 12;
- graduates below the age of 30 who want to complete a teaching qualification or enrol for a PGCE;
- people below the age of 30 who want to make a career change and become teachers; and
- unemployed people below the age of 30 who want to become teachers.
4. How does a student apply?
Prospective bursars must first gain admission at a higher education institution (HEI). Applications may be submitted online at www.funzalushaka.doe.gov.za .
5. Where can prospective students find out more about the bursary programme?
Information on the Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme can be accessed from www.funzalushaka.doe.gov.za and www.education.gov.za .
Student Financial Aid offices will give details of financial matters, service obligations, etc.
Staff in the Faculty or School of Education at HEIs will provide information on teaching as a profession, academic programmes and an individual’s eligibility for admission.
6. How does an institution determine whether a student’s academic programme complies with the
The bursary programme is designed to boost recruitment into teaching, in priority subject areas. In most cases, Faculty or School of Education staff will be able to assist students with the Funza Lushaka priority subjects to determine a student’s teaching priority subjects guided by the Funza Lushaka Policy.
7. What are the national priority subject areas?
Foundation Phase (i.e. Grades R-3): Foundation Phase (with preference for South African Indigenous Languages) Neurodevelopment Needs, Braille, SASL.
Intermediate and Senior Phase (i.e. Grades 4-9): Preference will be given for a teaching major in TWO of the following: Languages, Mathematics, and Natural Science & Technology
FET phase (i.e. Grades 10-12): Preference will be given for a teaching major in TWO of the following: Accounting; Agricultural Sciences; Agricultural Technology; Civil Technology; Computer Applications Technology; Electrical Technology; Engineering Graphics and Design; Geography; Information Technology; Life Sciences; Mathematics; Mechanical Technology; Physical Sciences, Languages,Maritime studies, Coding and Robitics, Technical Mathematics and Technical Science.
8. What programmes will be funded?
Bachelor of Education (BEd);
Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) in Senior Phase and FET teaching;
9. Are there official quotas for the distribution of bursaries by programme, year of study or priority area ?
Yes, the distribution by programme will be determined by the Department of Basic Education depending on identified priorities subject areas annually.
10. Are first-year students eligible?
Yes, first-year students in the appropriate programmes are eligible for the bursary.
11. Are Advanced Certificate in Education (ACE) students eligible?
No. Bursaries are available only to unqualified, initial teacher education students.
12. Are distance education and part-time students eligible for a bursary?
Yes, provided they are eligible in all other respects and complete the qualification within the minimum stipulated time.
13. Are recipients of other bursaries eligible to apply for a Funza Lushaka bursary?
Yes, but a student who has been offered both a Funza Lushaka Bursary and another bursary must choose to decline the other bursary.
You can access the Funzy Lushaka Online Application Portal 24 hours a day from any location with an internet connection using a desktop computer, a laptop, notebooks, tablets, and even smartphones.
Funzy Lushaka Bursary Application Deadline, Application Requirements, Application Closing Date for 2022/2023.
Funzy Lushaka Bursary Application Portal
The Funzy Lushaka Bursary application form for 2022 is open to all qualified applicants irrespective of color, race, ethnic identity, religion, gender, or national origin provided the candidate met the entry requirements by the bursary Provider.
Prospective Applicants who will be Applying for Funding from Funzy Lushaka Online are advised to apply before the deadline scheduled below.
Once the Funzy Lushaka Bursary Application Portal closes, there will not be a consideration for late applicants. So register now while the application is on. Secondly, All first time applicants must be 30 years or younger to apply for Funza Lushaka Bursary.
Funzy Lushaka Bursary Opening/Closing Date 2024
- Applications for the Funza Lushaka bursary for 2023 will open on 01/10/2023
- New applications close on 01/02/2023
- Re-applications for Existing/Returning Bursars close on 29/11/2023