Compensation Fund is currently looking to fund undergraduates looking for scholarships.
The Compensation Fund is inviting unemployed persons who suffered occupational injuries or diseases and, as a result, acquired a permanent disablement, dependants of COID Persons with Disabilities and dependants of fatally injured workers to apply for the Compensation Fund Bursary opportunity.
The applicants must have been accepted at a recognised Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) College, Community Education and Training (CET) College or Higher Education Institution (HEI).
Preference will be given to the unemployed people who acquired a permanent disablement due to occupational injuries/ diseases, Not in Employment, Education and Training (NEETs) and the dependants of COID Persons with Disabilities / Dependents of fatally injured workers who excel in their studies and/or demonstrate potential.
If you do not receive any response from the Compensation Fund within two months after submitting your application, consider your application (as likely) unsuccessful.
- Unemployed Persons who have acquired permanent disablement due to occupational injuries / diseases, dependants of COID persons with disabilities/ COID / dependants of fatally injured workers
- South African citizens
- Fully completed application form
- Proof of residence
- Claim number
- Certified copies of Identity document of the applicant, parent(s) or guardians’ Identity document / death certificate (COID Persons with Disabilities)
- Grade 12 June results/ highest school grade or qualification
- Proof of acceptance from public Post School Education and Training (PSET)
- Students must be enrolled to study on a full-time basis, and only under exceptional circumstances students with disabilities shall be allowed to study part-time
- Proof of unemployment letter from Department of Employment and Labour / or Affidavit
- Certification and verification of physical disability by a Health Care Professional or Disability Support Office / WCL forms (Final medical report)
- Applicants may be subjected to a psychometric assessment.
- Tuition fees, Prescribed Learning Material, Monthly Stipend and Accommodation (Institution accredited).
- The award is renewable every year – for the duration of the study programme enrolled – depending on the availability of funds and academic performance of successful applicants
Application Form BursaryAdvert2023.pdf
- Compensation Fund External Bursary Scheme
- Compensation Fund External Bursary Scheme Application form
Unemployed Persons who have acquired permanent disablement due to occupational injuries/diseases are not restricted to the qualifications.
Post Office/ Courier: The Sub-Directorate: Vocational Rehabilitation, Department of Employment and Labour, Compensation Fund, Private Bag x955, Pretoria, 0001
Hand deliver: at 167 Thabo Sehume and Madiba Street, Delta Heights Building. Email: CFexternalbursaries@labour.gov.za